As of late, I’ve been trying to cook more in the kitchen! Creating my own meals and experimenting with ingredients has become a ton of fun. I’m really enjoying learning what works, what doesn’t, and what I like to make.
This recent interest in the foodie world, has sparked some curiosity on Pinterest and I’ve been scoping out recipes like crazy. One of the most delicious I came across were sweet and sour meatballs! I’m a fan of tangy tastes and a salty but sweet flavor. This appetizer sounded right up my alley! I scrolled through my options and finally came across a simple recipe I thought I could manage.
In this post, I’ll be sharing the recipe I used along with some minor tweaks I’ve made along the way. If you’re into this type of blog post, let me know! I’d be willing to share more of my cooking adventures with you all in the future! In addition, if you’re looking for more of my go-to recipes, be sure to check out my Pinterest!
Things We Need
1 pound ground beef
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 onion diced or minced whichever you prefer
1 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp flour
1 1/2 cup water
1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 minced green pepper
- Start by mixing together ground beef, egg, onion, green pepper and bread crumbs in a medium bowl. Use clean hands to thoroughly combine ingredients.
- Once mixture has been worked together, shape into small bite sized balls. Refrigerate meat forms for 20 minutes.
- In a large sauce pan, combine the brown sugar, flour, vinegar, water, and soy sauce. Fully mix the glaze until all ingredients are molded into one.
- Add refrigerated meatballs into pan and bring to boil. Depending on how large your pan is, be sure not to stick too many in. Bring to a boil and simmer for at least 30 minutes or until done. Make certain to stir frequently and add more water if needed.
- Plate these little guys with some white rice or cooked vegetables. They’re the perfect dish to share with friends!